Oh no! BV whilst you’re pregnant!
When you’re pregnant you kind of think that because your periods are on pause for nine months that you’re also going to be free from yeast infections and BV, but unfortunately that’s often not the case!
Approximately 10% – 30% of pregnant women will experience bacterial vaginosis (BV) during their pregnancy. But don’t worry! EmpressBody has got a holistic solution to help you treat your BV using natural products that will also help your pregnancy.
Pregnancy can cause an increase of bad bacteria in your delicate yoni area, and lead to problems like a BV infections. If you’re pregnant and you have BV visit your doctor to discuss how to manage it. It’s best to get checked out as BV can cause complications such as:
· Pelvic inflammatory disease
· Increased risk of miscarriage
· Increased risk of premature labour
Click here to see how EmpressBody can help you with Pelvic inflammatory disease (PID)
What causes BV?
Bacterial vaginosis is caused by an imbalance in the normal bacteria that exist in a woman’s vagina. It is not transmitted sexually but is associated with having vaginal intercourse. Some people experience lots of symptoms and some women don’t experience any at all.
Any woman can get it, but you’re at increased risk for BV if you:
· Have new sex partners
· Have more than one sex partner
· Douche (use water or other liquid to clean inside the yoni)
· Are pregnant
· Are African-American. BV is twice as common in African-American women than in white women.
· Have an intrauterine device (also called IUD), especially if you have irregular bleeding. An IUD is a kind of birth control. It's a t-shaped piece of plastic that's placed in your uterus that helps prevents prevent pregnancy.
Click here to learn more about how EmpressBody can help you with an IUD
What are the symptoms of BV?
Symptoms include changes to your normal vaginal discharge, burning, and itching. Vaginal discharge may:
· Be watery and thin
· Be gray or white in colour
· Have a strong and unpleasant smell, often described as fishy
Click here to learn more about yoni discharge
Less commonly, symptoms of BV may be:
· A burning sensation during urination
· Itching around the outside of the vagina
· Not using perfumed soaps, bubble bath or shower gel
· Not using vaginal deodorants, washes or douches
· Not putting antiseptic liquids in the bath
· Not using strong detergents to wash your underwear
And trying out the EmpressBody Pregnant Mama Bundle!
The bundle contains:
50ml Yoni Elixir Oil
1 x Pregnant Yoni Wash
50ml Chlorella Powder
1 x Empress Hydrate Mist
EmpressBody would normally recommend using the EmpressBody detox pearls, the EmpressBody Yoni Steam, or the Empowering Wand, however we do not recommend using these products whilst pregnant. Instead we put together a Bundle that is completely tailored to suit the needs of pregnancy and BV.
The organic Chlorella powder, elixir oil, and hydrate mist to help detox the body from the inside out this which will help with any BV and yeast infections, the pregnant yoni wash works to deter these infections too and help to keep your yoni balanced.
Click here to learn how EmpressBody can help you with BV if you’re not pregnant
Click here to view the full range of EmpressBody yoni wellness products
Click here to view the full range of EmpressBody body wellness products