Don’t let Menstrual Cramps Cramp your Style!
For some women their cycle is smooth sailing, with maybe a small amount of cramping as your period starts. It's usually felt as painful muscle cramps in the tummy, which can spread to the back and thighs. The pain sometimes comes in intense spasms, while at other times it may be dull but more constant. It may also vary with each monthly period. But for some women it is excruciatingly painful and not something that should be joked about or taken lightly. Many women dread their cycle coming on which can cause sleep issues and increased anxiety. EmpressBody, as always, are here to help, and to listen. We would never tell someone that their pain is in their heads or that ‘it will pass’, instead we took the time to test and develop a holistic means of tackling period pain head on. Keep reading to find out what EmpressBody recommends for period pain.
What causes period pain?
It’s not just as simple as your period causes the pain! Period pain occurs when the muscular wall of the womb tightens. During your period, the wall of the womb starts to contract more vigorously to encourage the womb lining to shed away as part of your monthly period. When the muscular wall of the womb contracts, it compresses the blood vessels lining your womb. This temporarily cuts off the blood and oxygen supply to your womb. Without oxygen, the tissues in your womb release chemicals that trigger pain.
Sometimes, period pain can be caused by an underlying condition
· Endometriosis – where cells that normally line the womb start to grow in other places, such as in the fallopian tubes and ovaries; these cells can cause intense pain when they shed and fall away
Click here to find out how to treat Endometriosis with EmpressBody
· Fibroids – non-cancerous tumours that can grow in the womb and can make your periods heavy and painful
Click here to find out how to treat Uterine Fibroids with EmpressBody
You may notice a change in your normal pattern of pain if your period pain is linked to one of the above conditions. For example, the pain may be more severe or it may last much longer than normal.
If your period pain is caused by an underlying condition, you may also experience:
· irregular periods
Click here to find out how to treat irregular periods with EmpressBody
· bleeding in between periods
· a thick or foul-smelling vaginal discharge
Click here to find out more about vaginal discharge
The EmpressBody Detox Pearls
EmpressBody pearls work by the specially selected herbs creating a pulling effect that draws toxins, bad bacteria, dead cells, old blood clots, mucus and more from your yoni, while at the same time tightening your yoni and deterring vaginal dryness and other ailments.
You could also try:
· stopping smoking – smoking is thought to increase the risk of period pain
· exercise – you may not feel like exercising during a painful period, but keeping active can reduce pain; try some gentle swimming, walking or cycling
· heat – putting a heat pad or hot water bottle (wrapped in a tea towel) on your tummy may help reduce pain
· warm bath or shower – taking a warm bath or shower can relieve pain and help you relax
· massage – light, circular massage around your lower abdomen may also help reduce pain
· relaxation techniques – relaxing activities, such as yoga may help distract you from feelings of pain and discomfort
Click here to view the full range of EmpressBody yoni health products
Click here to view the full range of EmpressBody body wellness products